Skip to main content

Murmurs in the Moonlight


I don't write about it
Or maybe I can't 
The cloak of cowardice wrapped around the tip of my pen
Restricts the ink of my sorrow to flow 
But I'm a human
There's only so much I can contain within myself
Only so much I can bear
Before it overflows, and this acute agony needs an immediate outlet
Streams of tears glistening in the moonlight
A sight so poetic
The suffering, not so much
So I talk to myself
To the dull white walls of this room
To something,
Because the idea of talking to someone seems terrifying
Would they love me if I show them that I'm not who they think I am?
But I need an escape 
From this burning grief inside me
From myself
I can forgive other people,
I can be kind to them
But myself? 
Never
I don't think I deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Pride and Prejudice Endures: A Look at the Timeless Appeal of a Classic Novel

Hey everyone! I'm back with another post and today I'm going to talk about one of my most favorite novels ever. Pride and Prejudice by the legend herself, Miss Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is a classic novel that has captured the hearts of readers for centuries. The story follows the lives of the Bennett family, particularly the daughters, as they navigate the societal expectations and pressures of the early 19th century. While the novel is often seen as a romance, it is also a commentary on the societal norms and values of the time.  One of the main themes of Pride and Prejudice is the idea of pride and prejudice or the pride that individuals take in their social status and the prejudices that they hold about others based on their status. The character of Mr. Darcy is a prime example of this, as he initially looks down on those who are not of his social class, including the Bennett family. However, as the story progresses, Darcy begins to see the error of his ways and ...

Dark Academia and My Passion for the Written Word

Hey everyone! I'm Taskeen and as a lover of literature, books, reading, writing, and whatnot, I have always been drawn to the melancholic and nostalgically intellectual themes of the dark academia aesthetic. There is something about this aesthetic that speaks to me on a deep level, and that has always resonated with my own interests and passions. At its core, dark academia is an aesthetic that celebrates the beauty and power of the human intellect and is characterized by a love of literature, art, and music, as well as a fascination with the mysteries of the past. For me, this aesthetic represents a way of life that is deeply appealing, and one that I have always felt a strong connection to.  I have always had a love of reading, and the aesthetic perfectly captures this love. It is an aesthetic that values the knowledge and wisdom found within the pages of classic literature and encourages a love of learning and intellectual pursuits. But it's not just about readin...

Mystery and Morality: The Magic of 'Jane Eyre'

What happens when an orphaned girl defies the odds to forge her own destiny in a world that seeks to constrain her? Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë's Gothic masterpiece, answers this with a story as haunting as it is inspiring. Did you know Brontë wrote under a male pseudonym, Currer Bell,  to ensure her work was taken seriously in the male-dominated literary world of the 19th century? Dive into the enigma and passion that is Jane Eyre, a novel that has enchanted and challenged readers for generations. And let's face it, if you think your love life is complicated, wait until you meet Mr. Rochester! Synopsis Jane Eyre , published in 1847, is a Gothic novel that traces the life of its eponymous heroine from her oppressive beginnings as an orphan under her cruel aunt's care to her eventual independence and self-respect. The narrative is a first-person account of Jane's experiences, detailing her growth into adulthood and her love for Mr. Rochester, the brooding and mysterious ...