Skip to main content

Dark Academia and My Passion for the Written Word

Hey everyone! I'm Taskeen and as a lover of literature, books, reading, writing, and whatnot, I have always been drawn to the melancholic and nostalgically intellectual themes of the dark academia aesthetic. There is something about this aesthetic that speaks to me on a deep level, and that has always resonated with my own interests and passions. At its core, dark academia is an aesthetic that celebrates the beauty and power of the human intellect and is characterized by a love of literature, art, and music, as well as a fascination with the mysteries of the past. For me, this aesthetic represents a way of life that is deeply appealing, and one that I have always felt a strong connection to. 

I have always had a love of reading, and the aesthetic perfectly captures this love. It is an aesthetic that values the knowledge and wisdom found within the pages of classic literature and encourages a love of learning and intellectual pursuits. But it's not just about reading for me. I am also a writer, and I have always been drawn to the power of the written word. Whether I'm composing a poem or working on a creative writing project, I find great joy in the act of writing. And, you guessed it, the aesthetic perfectly captures this love of writing as well. It is an aesthetic that values the creative power of the human mind and encourages a love of self-expression and artistic pursuits.

In conclusion, my interest in literature, books, reading, and writing poetry is deeply intertwined with my love of the dark academia aesthetic. It is an aesthetic that I will always feel a strong connection to. Whether I'm lost in the pages of a good book or composing a poem of my own, this aesthetic is an integral part of my life and my passions which is why I figured why not start a blog? It would be a great way to share my thoughts and also connect with other like-minded individuals but most importantly it would be a placeholder for all my thoughts, words, poems, and everything that I've struggled to say till now. This is my first blog post ever and I wanted to introduce myself to whoever reads this (if any at all lol). That said, I sincerely apologize for any mistakes I have made or will make in future posts. Also, if you like my work, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments, and please share it with people you think would enjoy it too. Thank you so much for reading and I will see you all very soon!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Pride and Prejudice Endures: A Look at the Timeless Appeal of a Classic Novel

Hey everyone! I'm back with another post and today I'm going to talk about one of my most favorite novels ever. Pride and Prejudice by the legend herself, Miss Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is a classic novel that has captured the hearts of readers for centuries. The story follows the lives of the Bennett family, particularly the daughters, as they navigate the societal expectations and pressures of the early 19th century. While the novel is often seen as a romance, it is also a commentary on the societal norms and values of the time.  One of the main themes of Pride and Prejudice is the idea of pride and prejudice or the pride that individuals take in their social status and the prejudices that they hold about others based on their status. The character of Mr. Darcy is a prime example of this, as he initially looks down on those who are not of his social class, including the Bennett family. However, as the story progresses, Darcy begins to see the error of his ways and ...

Mystery and Morality: The Magic of 'Jane Eyre'

What happens when an orphaned girl defies the odds to forge her own destiny in a world that seeks to constrain her? Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë's Gothic masterpiece, answers this with a story as haunting as it is inspiring. Did you know Brontë wrote under a male pseudonym, Currer Bell,  to ensure her work was taken seriously in the male-dominated literary world of the 19th century? Dive into the enigma and passion that is Jane Eyre, a novel that has enchanted and challenged readers for generations. And let's face it, if you think your love life is complicated, wait until you meet Mr. Rochester! Synopsis Jane Eyre , published in 1847, is a Gothic novel that traces the life of its eponymous heroine from her oppressive beginnings as an orphan under her cruel aunt's care to her eventual independence and self-respect. The narrative is a first-person account of Jane's experiences, detailing her growth into adulthood and her love for Mr. Rochester, the brooding and mysterious ...

Marching Through Time: Unveiling the Magic of 'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott

Imagine this: You receive an enchanting letter in the mail, and to your surprise, it's an invitation to join the March sisters in their charming Concord home for a day! The letter reads, "Dear kindred spirit, we request your delightful presence for a day of sisterly adventures in the world of 'Little Women'. Choose a sister to accompany, and let the magic unfold!" Now, the question is, which March sister will be your companion on this thrilling escapade? Will you walk alongside Jo as she scribbles tales in her attic sanctuary, eager to explore the depths of her imagination? Or might you stand in solidarity with Meg, savoring the joys of family life and sweet domestic bliss? Perhaps the gentle and compassionate spirit of Beth calls to you, and you imagine spending the day comforting souls with her beautiful piano melodies and spreading love to those in need. Or does the vivacious and artistic allure of Amy entice you to join her on a journey of culture, refinement,...